Dental Health Community
root canal treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

root canal treatment

I went a root canal specialist to treat my infected root canal.  During the treatment, the file was broken and stuck in my jaw bone. The broken file went about 10 milimeters( more than 1/4 inch) beyond the root canal. The doctor cut my jaw bone and tried to remove the file, but failed.  The doctor said the file was sucked by jaw bone, but I didn't agree. I think it was overdrilled and caused the file broken. Does anyone have idea what is the situation?  
wow im sorry to hear that ..... it could have been an older file that could have broke, it could have been the dentist careless ness.....did he get the file out???....please dont tell me he just left it in there.....
Go to Oral Surgeon.  IMO a dentist should not be cutting into jawbones...although there is nothing wrong with them doing it.  Oral surgeons are more skilled at doing those procedures since that is the type of work they do all day long.