Dental Health Community
sEVERE PAIN FROM TOOTH EXTRACTION

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

sEVERE PAIN FROM TOOTH EXTRACTION

Had a Bottom Molar extracted 1 week ago. while they were removing the tooth, the closer tey got to the root, I had what I would describe as a severe pain/ burning sensation  shoot upward everytime they would pull. Now a week later I am experiencing sever pain in my jaw, From the center of my mouth all the way back to my ear and even into my upper teeth. Could there have been nerve damage done? I have tried everything with no relief. went to the dentist office I had it done..treated ,e as if it was dry socket, no cure...am on amoxicillin..no change in pain. on scale of 1-10 PAIN IS A 10 plus!!!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It seems that you could have a dry socket. It is also called acute alveolar osteitis. This is caused by the loss of the blood clot in the area of the extracted tooth within the first few days after surgery. Another possibility is infection if there is no swelling. This is easily treated by your dentist with a dry socket dressing. There may be some complication in the healing process. Your dentist may examine you and take up dental X-rays for detecting the root cause of the problem. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!