Dental Health Expert Forum
servere ear and jaw pain only at night

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

servere ear and jaw pain only at night
hi , i had the 6 remaining teeth removed from my mouth in march 2011. and the dr that pulled my teeth had a real hard time getting them out. during the procedure he was pulling on one of them and it was very hard to come out but he continued to pull and pull until it felt like my right jaw bone was breaking. i tried to tell him but i couldn't talk only point to my jaw. but he continued. now i have severe right ear and jaw pain at every night i can't sleep cause of the pain.also it seems like my the top and bottom end of my gums swells all this after i remove my dentures nightly. please help me i can't take this to much longer.
You may need to see your dentist or an oral surgeon to get it evaluated.  There may be an injury to the TMJ or possibly a fracture to the jaw area.
thank you for you advice, i was hoping someone might  have an answer or suggestion for me. if i do have tmj or  a jaw fracture can it be fixed or treated?