Dental Health Expert Forum
skin tags on tongue

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

skin tags on tongue
I have just noticed that under my tongue there are things that look like skin tags.  They are on the tongue, not the frenulum.  Any idea what these might be? There are about five of these things.  They are rather long looking, tongue-colored filaments.  

I think that for a better description that it is probably what they are. You can see your dentist for a more accurate diagnosis.
Thanks for the speedy reply.  I didn't quite understand your response.  Do you mean that they are probably skin tags?  

Sorry for the poor description, but I really don't know how else to describe them.  They are more or less the color of my tongue, seem like something out of marine biology . . . filament type projections on the underside of my tongue.  

Thanks a million, this forum is a great public service!