swelling of palate
I have had swelling on the roof of my mouth on and off for as long as I can remember. I have one now on the right side and its not too painful but it is tender to touch and when eating. Its about the size of a dime and longer than it is wider. What it is I have no idea but I am just getting over a cold and Im wondering if the two are connected?

This discussion is related to Swollen left side of hard palate - around the arch of mouth.
Seeing an oral surgeon is advised.
don't know. I currently have the same thing. I get it on and off a lot too. I couldn't sleep with the pain of it this time. I read on one website that it could be an allergic reaction. brushing/flossing and rinsing with mouthwash helps. I was probably a little late to do the mouth was. I think it got up through my gums. The post just suggested waiting for it to pass...
I'm not sure if this is the problem, but a have a friend that had the same thing and it was diagnosed as sinus congestion.  The dr felt the sinus was draining down and into a pocket it had found or made.  Nothing to be done.  She has learned to live with it and will use sinus meds when it bothers her too much.

Just a thought.  Hope it helps!
My best to you,
Gellia