Dental Health Community
swollen jaw

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

swollen jaw

hi. I have a tooth with a cavitie but and it had hurt last night but when i woke up this morning my jaw has swollen. Could the cavitie be the reason for the swelling or could there be another reason? And what can I do to make it go down if I do not have enough money to see a dentist?
You need to see a dentist regardless of if you can afford it or not.  You could try a school or sometimes there are pay-scale clinics in big cities.  There is nothing that you can do to help the tooth, you need a dentist.  Also, its a serious infection that you absolutely cannot overlook.  It can spread to your blood stream and cause you to become septic for one thing.
sounds like you have a bad infection.... need to see a dentist asap before it spreads like she said.....

alot of dentist will work out a payment plan for you