Dental Health Community
tooth loose, abscess

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

tooth loose, abscess

I was diagnosed with lymphoma a couple months ago, and have been having alot of health issues, but now, I noticed swelling yesterday in my gumline of a tooth that has today become painful.

I had an issue with this tooth and side of my mouth right after I was diagnosed with lymphoma, and the dentist told me there was a small crack in the tooth but did not want to do anything at that time because of it affecting my treatment.

I have now, gotten the swelling in my gumline, and its becoming painful.  I have also noticed the tooth is loose.   With my health issues Im having along with the crack in the tooth and it being loose, do I pull it or can it be saved?   Keeping in mind, I have a tooth on the other side that is chipped and filling came out ( no pain or issues) and after cancer treatments that one will be fixed since the chip is above the gumline.

thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
The exact treatment for your condition can be determined only after a complete clinical examination. Cancer treatment can affect the oral cavity in many ways. It can lead to oral mucositis, tooth decay, osteonecrosis, or painful sores in your mouth or throat. If the tooth is healthy and can be saved your doctor will avoid pulling it out.It is important to care for infections in your mouth before they spread to your blood stream. It is important to see a doctor who is knowledgeable about your lymphoma and its treatment. Discuss the best timing and approach with your cancer specialist and dentist . Do write to me again with more queries.
Best luck and kind regards!