white 'stuff' around healing gum
hello,

10 days ago i had a bone grafting in my upper incisor socket after tooth removal in preparation for the future implant. A dissolvable collagen membrane was placed as well to protect grafting material. Then the socket was stiched, a temporary maryland bridge placed to cover the gap, and gums looked nice and pink for a week. A few days ago i noticed some white stuff over the area where the gum was stitched. It looks like a plaque or some white sticky, fluffy tissue around my temp. tooth near gum line, but it does not cause any problems. it doesnt hurt, doesnt smell, and the gum around it is still pink. It is just looking strange. I tried to touch it with a q-tip but id doesnt want to detach that easily. What is it? Is it a normal healing process of the gum or is it a dead tissue or a scab? Im seeing my dentist next week, just wanted to be sure that it is not an urgent problem.

thank you for your answer
Hi I just had the same procedure and the white stuff is a fibrin clot. You don't want to disturb it or touch it as you can get dry socket if the clot comes out. It is also normal and is supposed to be there. I asked the same question when I got it as I thought it was an infection. So, you are fine.
mkh9
thank u so much for your comment because i really thought that white stuff was an infection and i am so scared of infection and dry socket but todaymakes day four since i had all my uppers pulled n two lower left on the side which that is where the fibrin clot is but thank you for i feel much relieved so thanks again for your post
I hope this is what I have too. I had my implant a few days ago and also have a white (what seems like wet scar tissue) over the sort where the implant was it in...I'm worried. It doesn't hurt but feels ver slimey when my tongue touches it!?
This thread just relieved me so much i cant even explain how much. Thank you internet. So I am on Day 6 today of my front tooth having been extracted with bone graft done and I to have the same situation with the white stuff around the area. So I go into my dentist that made me my flipper (not the specialist that did the extraction/doing implant) and the dentist looked at it and first thing he said was have a I been rinsing with salt water? ummm yes I am one that takes these things very seriously hygiene wise and following the proper steps. he didnt have a god damn clue what it was and that honestly freaked me the **** out like he had no explanatin at all except "go see your specialist tomorrow first thing" This dentist is a University professor at University Of Toronto The best University in Canada and he didnt have a god dam clue. So me being 19 years old I left the dentist and had a slight panic attack cause i thought their was something seriously wrong with it to the point where i was almost in tears ( im in university and my smile means alot to me) So i go home and search google for 15min till i found this thread and my problem is completely solved. Like he didnt even mention that it even could be a Fibrin Clot. Im gonna call him tomorrow and ask him if he knows what a Fibrin Clot is and put him in his god dam place. Like a 19 year old university student NOT in anything remotely relevant to dentistry is more clever than a professor / dentist for over 20 years, absolutely pathetic. I really liked this guy too he was great and seemed to know his stuff untill today.
Sorry for this long post but im just so p/o that i freaked out for nothing.
anyway thank you again, i hope this helps more people with this problem