white tongue hairs?
the top of my tongue had what looked like to me long white tongue hairs i have had this for years there was never no pain on my tongue or no pain swallowing also i have red dots on my tongue to the back of my tongue looks or coated with long red i guess taste buds i never paid no attention to it i looked it up and there were some pretty scary reasons about white tongues and reasons that should no worry well i have been smoking for the past 2 years heavily to at that also one of my teeth had a filling but that tooth broke but theres still a piece of that tooth that is still there i wont come out i never brushed my tongue at all until recently i brushed it and the long "hairs" came off with no pain i also used a tongue scraper and alot of the coat came off the coat looked like mucus or phlegm i always swallow mucus i dont spit it out i think its nasty well now my tongue looks like it has short white hairs i do admit i never had the best oral hygiene schedule and i do eat alot of fast food and junk what do you think it is and should i be worried ? thank you
sounds like the beginging stages of a hairy tongue.... heavy smokers tend to get hairy tongue because of poor oral hygiene... when was last time you been to the dentist?...

make an appointment
ive had the white tingue for years and honestly i havent been to a dentist in years im just worried that it might be something serious i scrape my tongue but the film jus comes back i stoped smoking because i worried its way thicker on the back of my tongue so do you think its serious or am i making t much of a deal of it i worried sick even though i know i had this for a long while thank you turkee for your answer i apreciate it
and another thing wheni scraped my tongue there wasnt no soreness or red irritation i hope this isnt serious thanks once again
is it hairs?... or like a white film?... could be an infection... could be thrush... could be a virus in your body.... you really need to go see a dentist
its white hairy tongue.  to fix it, you need to brush your tongue every day and stop smoking.

for juanvas, it might be thrush, i would see a dentist.