Am I Depressed?
I am a 14 year old boy, and everybody in my family keeps telling me they think I am depressed. Usually, I feel very empty inside, and sometimes I feel so sad and unfullfilled that I feel like suicide is the only way out. I feel completely separated from everyone I used to be very close with. I am beginning to slightly lose my appetite. I have lost interest in almost all activities which I used to enjoy. Very occasionaly I feel very happy, but this feeling is then followed by sadness and emptiness. So, do you think I am depressed?
You have all the classic symptom of depression but you need to see a doctor for a proper diagnosis.  I want you to know that you're not alone, we hear from a lot of teens with this. Let your parents know you want to get help with this, because it won't get better on it's own. There is so much help for you, and you should be enjoying your life, living it!  You did nothing to cause this, it just happens so get the help you need and get back on track with feeling good!  Take care!
Mammo gave you great advice. It's ok if a person gets depression, it's not ok if they ignore that they have it. Just you coming here and posting shows you care enough. There is reason to keep fighting it. Sometimes people are born with chemical imbalances and sometimes it's just because of how life is. If you go with Mammo's advice, you should be good to go.
I would be following the advice of Your family and seeking help Hun, it is never normal for someone to feel suicidal and is especially sad in someone as Young as You when You have Your whole life ahead of You.
You do not have to feel this way, You can get help and You will feel better.