Amitriptyline, Migraine and Heart Rate
Hi All, I've read through these forums many times, but this is my first post.  My son has been on amitriptyline 50 mg for approximately 5 months for migraine prevention.  He's also an athlete and is finding that he is unable to get his heart rate up.  Most of the information I have found online discuss a fast heart rate in relation to this medication.

Is it possible the medication is keeping him from achieving an increased heart rate, or could it be something else?

Thank you.
I would not assume that it's the medication, but have him see his doctor for a check-up and ask him this question.  These medications come with many possible side effects and while it may be the medication I would want to also have him checked out and go from there.  Take care.
Hello, How is your son now?  Has he been to see his doctor yet?

Please update us on what is happening.
Thanks Ladies.  Due to the weekend, we have not been to a doctor yet.  He just had an annual exam, but this never came up as we had no idea. It was found after taking him to a exercise physiologist, who we saw to possibly help find the cause of his migraines.  I will definitely pass this information along to the neurologist and see what they have to say.  Thank you both for responding.  I certainly appreciate your input.

P.S.  Also, being new to the forum, I accidentally checked "best answer" when I actually thought I was unchecking it!  oops
Hi, Have you been on the migraine and headaches forum about this?  May help.
Thank you!  I originally tried to post on the doctor's headache forum, but the activity dated back to 2-21-12 and there was no button to "post a question".  I totally missed the other migraine headaches forum, but will try there.  Thought this was the next best place to try since it involved an antidepressant medication.

Thanks.
I don't know, but there might also be a forum about heart problems too.  Have a look.