Coming off anti-depressants - will my sex drive return ?
I've recently stopped taking effexor, 8 days ago, I am suffering physically with w/d symptoms, but mentally I feel more alert, alive and happier, however there is no sign of my libido returning !  I just wondered how long it will take to feel normal again ?

I've taken SSRI's in the past and they switched my libido off, but it returned immediatley on stopping.  Effexor being an SNRI may be different.

The dosage should be as low as possible ,before leaving off the Tablets.
Sudden stopping from a higher doasge should not be done. ok.
thanks
i dont know about effexor but a couple of weeks ago, i ran out of lexapro. i became a quick shot but i dont remeber the libido going up.
I use to take efexor xr a couple of yrs ago and my libido was high due to feeling way better... But then I took myself off them being a high dose and felt fine... only thing is over the past couple of yrs my drive has gone and I dont get wet anymore (sorry for the over-share) But I look back now and see it was due to my depression coming back. I just got back on them now and hope it all comes back.
If you feel your sex drive going rethink if your ready to come off them and exercise, its amazing how good you feel after a hard session , if not chase your kids around the house, listen to them laugh, dance, be silly and smile< even a forced smile make someone smile back.( Then laugh cos they fell for the fake smile :P)

As for sex, play chasey around the house first, the tickle game is good as it releases hormones from laughter.

Cheers.
I have been om Effexor now for about a year and is steadily going off it now.
I have changed from a "Frozen Fish" into a "Warm blooded rabbit" in no time.
Effexor really screwed up my libido and now that I'm busy leaving it my libido is abnormally high.... which is also a problem..