Depression Community
DEPRESSED AND NEED HELP!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

DEPRESSED AND NEED HELP!!!

I am only thirteen, so please make all answers descriptive.
i have had INSANE family issues. i can't even tell you what they are cuz some stupid tattletale will call the child services or the FBI or something f*cked up like that. anyways, it's been impossible to sleep at night (cuz i spend most of my time crying under the covers trying to make it all go away) and i noticed i can't even concentrate anymore. i actually had one thought of suicide but snapped out of it.
i have tried talking to school counselors but they don't do anything. and i can only say so much (like i said, they'll tattletale). i tried talking to my family about it but they just got mad and didn't talk to me for a while (oh and when i say "a while" i mean 4 weeks)
i just need someone to tell me something other than
"get help"
"counseling"
"talk to your family"
i need someone to give me advice that nobody has given me yet. all the advice people have gotten me is just doesn't work.
PLEASE HELP.
and don't be a tattletale.
Hey look... 13 and you seem like you have enough stress and issues to pass onto five adults and still have quite a bit left on your plate. I won't tell you to get counseling, I won't tell you to talk to your family (obviously that hadn't worked), but I will say... you can get help... on here (you are, in a way, getting help already by asking for it). There are a lot of people who aren't 100% in your shoes, but they are in the general area and I'm sure many others will be able to give you some clues about how to overcome this painful time.

I have a suggestion... I don't know if you'd go for it... but its better than counseling, professional help, and talking to your family...
Might I suggest you keep a journal? Just write about your day... Write about what is on your mind... You can even draw in it if you don't feel like writing. OR... instead... you can write down everything that is bothering you, rip out the piece of paper and then tear it into tiny shreds and take your excess stress out that way. It was one of the practices I did when I was a bit younger and was trying to get over cutting. (But instead of shredding the paper with my hands, I'd use scissors because that is what I had used to hurt myself)... Its self-therapeutic and I really do recommend trying it.

I won't lie... sometimes you will feel the depression coming back... but that is when you come back onto this site and you do what you are doing now... asking for someone to help cheer you up! C=

(Another cool thing about being online... is the anonymous presence you get to keep. If you ever need to load things off of your chest without being judged, or fear of someone seeking professional intervention on your behalf... you can always private message me and I'll be more than happy to lend some advice)

-wootace
Send me an e-mail and tell me exactly what's going on so I an help you.

-wootace
I suggest journaling, too.  However, I think it is important to put a time limit on how long you write.  The reasoning behind it is because if you go too deep it may send you into another cutting.  Do ten or fifteen minutes then put it away.  Get your mind on other things after writing.  You will find that as the days go by your mind will go deeper into what is really bothering you.  Don't find yourself too wrapped up in it.  It really isn't emotionally healthy.  This is the reason a good counselor only sees a patient for 45 minutes once a week...and sometimes when going very deep will only see them once every two weeks.  It is for the same reason.  We need time to emotionally digest the trauma before going to the next step.

Just know many have walked in your shoes.  You sound like a bright young woman with a willingness to seek some kind of help.  This can do nothing but bring good results.
Paxiled commented on The Dark Side of ...
HollowFeelings joined this community
Welcome them!
KTowne commented on MyMelBgirl's status