Depression Community
Harsh Criticism

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Harsh Criticism

How do I deal wtih criticism when that all I ever from my Dad. When he critcizes it makes me want to cry even more.
Any suggestions.
Hi....your dad obviously has issues of his own that he's dealing with and is taking his frustrations out on you.  You can choose to not take his words personally or at this stage in your life confront him about this.  Let him know how it makes you feel, and see if communication helps the problem.  If not you need to be blunt and tell him that you're an adult and are doing your best and his criticism of you is hurtful.  If he doesn't back off, try not to get into conversations that allow him to criticize you or walk away when he does.  He'll get the message that the conversation will end as soon as he criticizes you.  I hope this helps and take care.
Anxiety at its worse.
9 hrs ago by dragrat
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time