Depression Community
I feel fuzzy and dream like

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I feel fuzzy and dream like

I feel really fuzzy all the time, as if I am living in a dream. Its almost like I'm trapped inside of my mind and I can't fully absorb my surroundings... Nothing really effects me. I can get emotional, feel emotional... get really angry or sad or happy... but its like I feel these emotions in a very isolated way, they don't correspond with my experiences or observations at all. When I experience something, even something huge like my prom, I feel like I'm just passing the time; it doesn't effect me the way I want it to, and I don't know how to change it. The memory and feelings that i experience fade away from me so quickly, it makes me feel like things happened years ago when they actually only occured a few hours ago. I just want to "wake up" and feel like I'm actually living life. It's so frustrating and depressing... I don't know what to do about it. This has been going on for over a year.
Tags: emotionless, fuzzy, dream, depressed, trapped, Mental Health
It's seems like a strange feeling you are experiencing.What has the doc said about it,that is if you have been to the doctor about it I should say.Talk to a professional about this and try to get to the bottom of it because it's obviously affecting your life.
sounds as if you are experiencing symptoms of derealization. does anything specifically "trigger" these symptoms (food, tired, stress etc) or are they constant throughout the day? do you remember when you first noticed these symptoms, was anything out of the ordinary going on in your life?
Avatar n tn
I felt that way when I was a teenager it was awful my doctors were shoving pills down my throat and none of them seemed to help. A lot of it I found was the medicines they had me on. If you are on any medicines try talking to your Doctor about side effects from the medicine your on it could help if they balance it.
Your symptoms sound like the side effects of some medications.  Are you taking anything?  Prescribed or not.  Speak to a doctor, because these sympooms are strange.

Do you feel you are depressed?  Is that why you posted this on the depression site?  Have you been diagnosed with depression or any other illness?  You need to find out exactly why you are experiencing these symptoms.
clean_in_ks commented on photo
May 28
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
May 28
meegWpaw commented on photo
May 28
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time