Lexapro and Alcoholism Recovery
Hello:  I have been doing very well at my alcoholism recover (over 8 mos. not 1 drink).  However, I have been on Lexapro for a year and my neurologist wanted me to discontinue it because of side effects.  Additionally, he just diagnosed me with firbromyalgia [sic].  He told me to discontinue the Lexapro and call him if typical withdrawal effects occurred.  They have and after 10 calls to him, he has yet to get back to me.  I relapsed and drank for the first time a couple of days ago and have been trying to figure out why.  My question is that could withdrawals associated with Lexapro have "pushed me over the edge" and to drink?  I feel terrible about the relapse and will continue to work my 12-step program.
Thanks.
Listen, do not beat your self up because of the relapse, unfortunately that is what we do, we drink to get drunk so we do not have to face whatever is it buttering us.
I relapse after 18 month, I do think that my meds had something to do with it does not matter, the important thing is that you pick up another white chip, go to at least one meeting a day, get a sponsor and work the steps.
When I did this everything started getting better again.
Thank your higher power, life is good.