Lexapro and shakes/tremors.
I've been on Lexapro 10mg for 3 weeks and have noticed a shaking in my right arm and hand when eating, writing or just letting my arm rest on a chair's armrest.  I also have it in my left arm but to a lesser degree.  The nurse practitioner for my doctor, I'm with Kaiser, advised me on Friday to monitor the shaking and call back if it gets more uncomfortable.  So far it hasn't gotten better or gone away but seems to becoming more often = worse.  Is this the "tremors" that are mentioned in the side-effects notice?  I was on Zoloft 20mg for about 5 months but with no success, too many problems with the "little" side-effects as my doc would say.  Is there such a thing as being too sensitive to SSRI meds and if so, what alternatives are there.  Thx again, Thom.
Please be careful - it only gets worse after those side effects.  Find a natural way - Look up Dr Ann Tracy on the internet.  She saved my life.  Jeanette
I can't comment on your med, but I'm tapering off Effexor & while I was on higher doses I developed arm tremors.  First in my left arm/hand then in my right.  Actually went to a neurologist about it & was diagnosed with "essential tremor".  Doc said Kate Hephburn, the famous actress had it too.
Mine got really bad- had to drink from a glass, or carry one, with both hands. Spilled alot of things on the floor!  Also had to eat stew, soup, etc with a bowl held close to my chest.

I am tapering off effexor now & the shakes are MUCH better.  Still there alittle but I can drink a bottle of water with one hand & don't smash into my teeth with it.

I agree with jeanette07- effects usually do get worse.  Try something else.  I won't use an antidepressant again, there must be other ways to work thru or lessen depression.  Linda

I was on Lexapro and had the same thing happen to me. I would just be sitting there and my arms would twitch and jerk. I switched to paxil which was much better and i had no side effects at all. I guess you just got to keep trying them if you have the patience til you find one that works for you. Good luck!
Thanks for your input to date.  As of today (Oct. 29, 2007) I'm down to 2.5mg dosage.  The shakes have stopped for now and actually started going away when my Dr dropped the dose to 5.0mg.  I'm beginning to feel that the problem is not so much "chemical" as it is copping with stress/anxiety.  I'm thinking about finding a support group that will give me real world suggestions on how to deal with the stress and anxiety issues in my daily life instead of relying on chemicals to do the work.  Thx again, Thom.