Depression Community
Paxil in the morning

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Paxil in the morning

I just started taking paxil this morning and I was told I needed to take in the AM by my doctor however I'm dizzy, nasuses and tired. Is there a reason you're supposed to take paxil in the am or is it ok to take it at night?
I went to a  paxil web site and you are describing some of the side effects that will subside after 4- 6 weeks.If it becomes a problem talk to your doc and maybe see about taking it at a differen timet. also dont take other meds with the paxil as they can interfere with  it. take your vitamins and other mneds at least several hours apart.
Good luck and let me know how you are.
Love venora
Avatar n tn
I take 10mg of paxil in the morning and 10mg at night. It does make you feel not yourself for a couple of weeks.

Avatar n tn
I  TAKE  PAXIL 20MGS   AT NIGHT  AND  YES  IT  HELPS ME  SLEEP  GOOD,  BUT IN  THE  MORNING  STILL  HAVE  PANIC  ATTACKS,  PEOPLE  I'VE  TALKED  TO  SAY  ITS  THE  PAXIL  THAT MAKES  YOU  FEEL  LIKE  ****,  SO  I  STARTED WEANING MYSELF  OFF  BY  TAKEN  10MGS  INSTEAD  OF  20MGS.   I  JUST  AS  I  THOUGHT  GOT  WORSE  ,  ITS  BEEN  2 WEEKS  NOW.  I  NEED  TO  ASK  IS IT  BETTER  TO  TAKE  IN  THE  MORNING?  OR  AT  NIGHT?
Hi, Ive been on Paxil for 5 years now even during pregnancy, Ive always taken it in the evening, right before bed. I dont think it really matters when you take it, whatever works best for you. I try not to take it at the same time as other meds such as antibiotics, I always seem to feel a little strange so I meke sure theres about an  hour difference. Although I do take at the same time as the pill. I have always felt tired on paxtine and I have to have a nap in thr afternoon or I cant get through the rest of the day. Lucky my son still has day sleeps. Feelling dizzy and nausues should dissapear over a few weeks if not ta\lk to your doc you might need to go on it slowly not all at  once. I started off very slow as I had a lot of trouble finding the right meds for me. Went crazy on Zoloft. Rather be on Paxtine than off. Never having panick attacks is wonderful. Anyway best wishes .
I just started paxil and was told to take half tablet at bedtime! But wont the medicine wear off by mornng? And can i just take the whole tablet to get the complete effect?
I have been taking Paxil 20mg for about 8 months along with Adderall (adderrall) and Xanax and my regular medications for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and HRT. I also take Vicoprofen for pain and Vit. B12. I was doing good on the medication and I don't know if it's the holiday blues or what but I feel really down and depressed and oh so stressed and worrying about everything/everybody. My Dr. upped me to 30mg. yesterday. I went to bed last nite around midnite and didn't wake up until 4:30 p.m. today.  Hope this is temporary.  I was wondering whether it works  better taking it morning or nite. I know it's supposed to be the same time everyday but I don't wake up the same time everyday.  
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 26 weeks, feeling blessed a... Comment
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time