Quitting Celexa...
So I tapered off my celexa about 3 days ago and of course I am having all the normal symptoms of withdrawl but one is really bothering me...I am having shortness of breath.  I am not sure if it is true shortness of breath since it does not make it any worse to walk across the room but I just feel like I am forcing myself to take deep breaths constantly.  Anyone else had this?  I keep thinking maybe it is just anxiety but it wont go away.  

Laurin
Does not take long before my anxiety takes over...I took 2.5 mg of my celexa.  Gosh I just want off this stuff!!!!!  I guess I could try to take it every other day until I can stop. I am just so mad about this...when I stopped I told myself that was it and I would get through the withdrawls.  O well....
Celexa withdrawals are terrible.
Any reason you're going off Celexa? If you call your Dr, they can usually ease you off of it slowly or gradually reduce it while taking a low dose of zoloft or something else. You need to go very slowly obviously.

Can I ask why you want off the med?  
Yeah I came off zoloft about a year and a half ago and it was not even close to being this bad!  And I was on the zoloft for 2 years!  I have only been on the celexa for 6 months!

I am stopping it because I only take it for anxiety and I am trying to start handling the anxiety on my own.  Also my husband and I are going to try and get prego in the next year (already have a 4 year old) so I just wanted to go ahead and try to get off it.  I take such a low dose I thought it would be easy.  Guess I was wrong!!!
I too am having shortness of breath. It started when I started taking Celexa I told my doctor and he said he never heard of that as a side affect. So he upped my dose then it got worse along with chest pain I went to the ER and what do you know it is a side affect. I am slowly tappering off Celexa but the shortness of breath is horrible. Also very scary. Does anyone else know how long this will go on for?