Depression Community
Quitting Celexa...

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Quitting Celexa...

So I tapered off my celexa about 3 days ago and of course I am having all the normal symptoms of withdrawl (withdrawal) but one is really bothering me...I am having shortness of breath.  I am not sure if it is true shortness of breath since it does not make it any worse to walk across the room but I just feel like I am forcing myself to take deep breaths constantly.  Anyone else had this?  I keep thinking maybe it is just anxiety but it wont go away.  

Laurin
Does not take long before my anxiety takes over...I took 2.5 mg of my celexa.  Gosh I just want off this stuff!!!!!  I guess I could try to take it every other day until I can stop. I am just so mad about this...when I stopped I told myself that was it and I would get through the withdrawls.  O well....
Avatar n tn
Celexa withdrawals are terrible.
Any reason you're going off Celexa? If you call your Dr, they can usually ease you off of it slowly or gradually reduce it while taking a low dose of zoloft or something else. You need to go very slowly obviously.

Can I ask why you want off the med?  
Yeah I came off zoloft about a year and a half ago and it was not even close to being this bad!  And I was on the zoloft for 2 years!  I have only been on the celexa for 6 months!

I am stopping it because I only take it for anxiety and I am trying to start handling the anxiety on my own.  Also my husband and I are going to try and get prego in the next year (already have a 4 year old) so I just wanted to go ahead and try to get off it.  I take such a low dose I thought it would be easy.  Guess I was wrong!!!
I too am having shortness of breath. It started when I started taking Celexa I told my doctor and he said he never heard of that as a side affect. So he upped my dose then it got worse along with chest pain I went to the ER and what do you know it is a side affect. I am slowly tappering off Celexa but the shortness of breath is horrible. Also very scary. Does anyone else know how long this will go on for?
10356 commented on msdelight's status
29 mins ago
dragrat is...ok and im good with that Comment
46 mins ago
some days are OK
1 hr ago by dragrat
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time