Depression Community
Wellbutrin XL twice daily??

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Wellbutrin XL twice daily??

I was very recently prescribed Wellbutrin XL, after trying several medications that have not helped [including Wellbutrin SR].  When I saw my doctor, she simply said 'I'm putting you on Wellbutrin twice daily' and I assumed it would be the SR.  But what I was given was XL, with the instructions to take it twice a day [morning and around noon].  My doctor's office is closed today, or I would have asked her.  I did ask the pharmacist, and he said that yes, this is okay.  I don't understand it, and I'm just curious about whether or not anyone else has ever been prescribed the XL in this way.  The dosage is 150mg per pill.
Avatar n tn
My psych dr just prescribed wellbutrin xl twice a day for me bacause I felt like it wore off really bad around 4 int he afternoon.  So I take it at 7 am and then at 3 pm to ward of that awful LOW feeling later.  150 mg each time.  Total 300 mg for the 24 hrs.  Hope this works.  Let me know how it goes for you
I've been on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg for about 6 months...I recently started taking once a day SR...to me the SR is less effective...I don't fell anything...it doesnt really feel like it curves my depression.  I only tried it to compare the difference...I prefer the 2x a day I feel much better and actually feel it working...thats just my personal experience...however when I talked to my M.D. the switch wasn't harmful I guess its the chemical reaction to ur brain/body...good luck!
einaej added the Exercise Tracker
mymedsyourmeds joined this community
Welcome them!
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Aug 24
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time