Depression Community
Zoloft overdose?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

Zoloft overdose?

I was prescribed Zoloft 100mg/day 4 days ago, and allthough the instruction from the physician were half of a tablet/day for the first 14 days, I misunderstood that (untill I re-read the instructions on the prescription today, 4rd day) and had started the first three days with 2 times 50mg (morning and evening).  It's the first time I'm on pychotropic medication and I felt almost immediate relief from the zombie like existence I had been "living" for the past few months.
I'm experiences most of the listed pysical side effects (dilated pupils, nausea for most of the day, dizzyness, some restlessness etc.), but mentally I feel like I'm alive again and don't want to give up this medication at all.  I have corrected the dosage as of today (1 x 50mg/day for the remaining of the 14 days and then increase to 1 x 100mg/day).  How long are these side effects going to last and is there anything I can do against the most bothersome effect; nausea (I tried pepto bismol, but it doesn't help much)?  Thank you!
probably a couple of weeks.. i take my meds at night some times just to avoid the side effects.. and some people are sensative to the medicine.. so take it slow and lower the dose if you need to.. it couldnt hurt... you could always up it back up to where it was.. i was taking 20mg of lexapro.. way too much!! so i knocked it down.. to 10mg.. felt much better..
No harm done. If you accidentally too 100Mgs a day rather than 50Mgs a day it's really not a big deal. Most people who take Zoloft take around 100 to 200Mgs per day.

You can not overdose on 2X50Mg tablets a day.

As for the side effects. In most cases they will get much better with time.
You body just needs a few months to adjust to the medication.

Glad to hear Zoloft is working for you! Zoloft was my first AD med back in 1993 and It saved my life, "literally." My dose was 150mgs a day. Give it a couple weeks before you bump from 50 to 100. That way you have time to adjust.
Irisbritney commented on Irisbritney's status
Amandag78 commented on hi
Irisbritney can you have the stomach fl... Comment