Zoloft vs. St Johns Wort/Sam-E
I am coming off Setraline (Zoloft generic. Can't believe the cost difference!)  From 150 mg, down to 100 mg for a week, then  to 50 mg for couple weeks, now off it entirely.  The flash dizzy spells are still here after a week drug-free.  Hope that leaves soon.  Other than that, I feel great.  A few angry spells at the beginning, but nothing serious.  My question: I am thinking about starting a St Johns Wort/Sam-E treatment.  All I've heard and read about the combo is positive.  I like the fact that there are no side effects when a person decides to stop taking them.  Anybody have advice and stories about their experiences with these natural depression remedies and how they compare to Zoloft and its ilk?
(SORRY I WRITE IN ALL CAPS, I'M NOT TO GOOD ON A COMPUTER) HI, NAME IS ALICE AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING ON THIS PLANET I KNOW, IT'S DEPRESSION!  10 YEARS GOING STRONG ON IT, MAJOR DEPRESSION EVEN. WHAT A PERK HUNH.  I HAVE READ EVERY BOOK ON DEPRESSION OUT THERE AND STUDIED ENDOCRINOLOGY LIKE CRAZY, CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT I WAS, CRAZY.
  SO MY ADVICE, (WITH NO DEGREE OF ANYKIND, JUST ALOT OF SYUDYING) IS YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO FROM A CHEMICAL REACTION TO A NON-CHEMICAL REACTION TO YOUR MIND.  IF YOU ARE STILL DEPRESSED WHILE YOU ARE OFF OF THE ZOLOFT, THEN I SAY NO IT WON'T HELP YOU AT ALL.  DEPRESSION IS A NEUROTRANMITTER DEFECT (FOR A LACK OF A BETTER WORD). MOSTLY IT'S HEREDITARY.  I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN DEPRESSED, I HOPE NOT LONG , CAUSE IT'S A VERY DARK AND HORRIBLE PLACE TO BE.  BUT ANYWAY, MY PERSONAL ADVICE, BEING A DEPRESSED PERSON, IS IF YOU CAN HANDLE THINGS WITHOUT THE ZOLOFT DON;T TAKE ANYTHING, THE BRAIN CAN HEAL IT'S SELF. BUT IF YOU NEED HELP WITH LIFE'S STRUGLES JUST A LITTLE, THEN I PROMISE YOU ON MY LIFE THE VERY BEST THING YOU COULD DO FOR YOURSELF IS (AND THIS IS GOING TO SOUND CRAZY, BUT REMEBER I HAVE BEEN STUDYING IT FOR 10 YEARS), IS JOIN A GYM AND STAY DEDICATED , BECAUSE EXERCISE CREATES ENDORPHINS AND THAT IS PURE HAPPINESS THAT YOUR OWN BRAIN PRODUCES!  NO SADNESS. BUT IF YOUR SADNESS IS MORE THAN THAT THEN I SUGEST CYMBOLTA. I HAVE READ ALOT ABOUT IT AND THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE NOT BAD.

SORRY ABOUT THE LONG SPEACH. BUT GOD IN HEAVEN KNOWS I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE.  IF YOU EVER WANT TO TALK MY NO. IS   812-252-9124   ALICE FITZGERALD

GOOD LUCK
I too am interested in the responses you get.  I am having trouble with weight gain and the sexual dysfunction side effects of long term usage of Zoloft.  I am considering a St. John's Wort therapy.
Sorry but the brain cannot heal what it never had, and in depression that is a breakdown of the neurotransmitters. the meds do for us what our body cant.If the med you are on doesnt help then try a different one till you get to the one that works.I was on many meds before I got the ones I take now and they work great.I also exercise and eat healthy. this goes along way and I am now on the lowest doses because of this.I wouldnt trade my meds for anything!!.Hang in there there is one that is right for you.
Love Venora