Depression Community
frequent Sleep Deprivation and hearing of Voices

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My mother sometimes doesn’t sleep in the night and experiences a peculiar fear. She imagines about somebody trying to threaten and harm my brother. In her imagination, she hears someone plotting against my brother.She cries and gets depressed.
She has High Blood Pressure. She is addicted to coffee. Please advice and let me know how to go about the treatment? Which doctor should I approach?
Firstly your mother should visit her own doctor if she feels there is something wrong with her.  Has she been diagnosed with depression?  

I don't know how old you are, or how old your mother is, but I can see that you are very caring.  Have you spoken to your mother about going to her doctor?  It has to be her decision.  
my mom is 58 and am 33. I am finding it hard to take care of her since I am in a different country on a work relocation. I am not finding options to convey this to my mother about visiting a doctor as she strongly believes her conversations (which is really imaginary).

I am trying to wind up my work and go back though this is going to take 2 months. In the meantime i am looking for any precautionary options (if any)

Also she is not willing to speak openly to others. (close mates)
On this site we all suffer from depression.  We can only help someone if they feel they need helping.  We do not have doctors on this site, so it is difficult to help you with your mother.

If she will not talk to anyone, and you cannot persuade her to, there is little that can be done.  A person has to seek help for themselves.  They have to acknowledge that something is wrong, and they need guidance on what to do.  

Will she consider visiting a doctor?  
Hi Sony, this is Tim. I know what this is. Your mother is suffering from psychosis, same as me a few years back. You should probably advise your mum to see a doctor. The sooner it gets treated, the better the outcome. The doctor would probably prescribe some antipsychotics. If left untreated, this could probably develop into full blown schizophrenia, which would make it harder to treat.

Tim.
I agree with the above, i see this all the time where i work, A lot of times the patients get so bad they are baker acted by family OR brought in as a police hold!!
I would do what ever you can to get her help and if she refuses than you may have to take drastic measures, sadly, dont wait to long...I see it all day!!
Good luck lean on us for support if needed, Sorry you are going through this, Also one other thing I see is family being insensensitive and being intolerable of the patient happens a lot too you should see if there are support groups for family memebers of people who have what she has... once a diagnosis is made.
Not saying u are but this is typical, like they can snap out of it thing
I enrolled on a course of breathing at my local yoga centre.  Now when I awake I just practice conscious breathing until I fall asleep again.  It helps that I also joined a performance arts school, and now keeping up with people half my age keeps me tired enough to fall asleep naturally by midnight most evenings.
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
clean_in_ks commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
opus88 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time