medicine not helping
Medicine isnt helping me and i never thought it would. I'm on abilify 20mg and nothing is happening. i was on stratera for a while for adhd and bipolar but im not bipolar im depressed. the doctors say i have some sort of mood disorer but havent picked it out yet. Im pining it on depression and depression alone. i have insomnia. i dont hurt myself nor want to. I am unhappy, and medicines arent going to fix that. i think theyre all crazy. whatever. advice would be nice.
Have you tried counseling? Some people do very well with this treatment and don't need meds.
It could be too that your on the wrong med. I really don't know much about Abilify but thought it was to be added to an antidepressant to give it a boost.
What other meds have you tried other than the two you mentioned?  Remar
no other medications. they dont think its serious.
I dont feel like counseling is doing much for me. I go to therapy and everything it just doesnt make any difference.
Have you thought about trying an SSRI antidepressant? They're different from the two you've taken. I really am kind of surprised your Dr has you on Abilify alone. Some times you need counseling and meds at the same time. You might want to talk to your Dr about getting off Abilify and trying some thing different.  Remar
You need to start with a Doctor who treats you for depression, you are not getting this at the moment.

You can get well very quickly with the correct treatment.  The medicaine you are on is not a treatment for depression.  

Find a better Psychiatrist.
god you are so annoying.
What makes you think my doctors are incompetent?
My therapist and pshyciatrist are wonderful. They started me on abilify as a side medication to try to mellow my emotions. I have been to doctors for depression, okay? nothing helps. Just go away and stop questioning them, its not the way they treat it its the treatment itself. Nothing is working. ACCEPT THAT.
Some times we have to try several different meds to find the right one for us. A lot of us even take a combo of meds. You've only tried two so don't give up. There has to be something to give you some relief from your depression.
Therese83 did make a couple of good points. She's trying to help you. Ablify is usually not given to patients alone. It's given as a booster med along with an antidepressant.
I hope you find something that works for you. We're here to help you in any way we can. Remar
I am Bipolar I and I can tell you depression if very much a part of being Bipolar.    Abilify is an antiphycotic medication and is perscribed for bipolar and schizophrenia.  I personally refuse to take antiphycotics due to side effects but I do take a mood stabilizer and antidepressants. More and more people suffering from depression alone are being prescribed mood stabilzers because of their success in treating an array of symptoms.

Depression is part of many mental illness including mood disorders, personality disorders and schizophrenia but the same medications can and are prescribed for all of them. I have learned that the "label" is not that important since we all suffer from similar symptoms.  It  can take awhile to find the correct "cocktail" of medications for you but hang in there, it is worth the trilal and error.
I'm taking Abilify and Lexapro. These medicines helped me for a couple months, but now I can't function.   It is difficult for me to be interested in anything and I feel very alone.

Does anyone know if Hormone Replacement Therapy helps with depression?
I have major depression and anxiety and none of the drugs worked for me, not even ECTs, but my doctor gave me Parnate and it changed my life and I am feeling better.
Ask your doctor about Parnate, it is an old drug.