Aa
A
A
Close
309783 tn?1271961829
risperdal
My best friend has been taking citalopram for anxiety. She returned from the doctors today with a prescription for concurrent risperdal for OCD. I know her very well. We used to work together and now that we've left work we spend all day together. In the evenings we go to each others houses for supper, our kids all play together and we frequently spend the night at each other's house. We are in constant text contact.
My worry is that she does not show any symptoms of what i understand to be OCD. She is anxious due to relationship worries, financial strain and she just had an operation. But she has no rituals nor compulsions nor obsessions with anything. She tells me everything and described her anxiety and feelings of ups and downs. She thought she might be bi-polar and went to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation and advice. They did not take her onto their caseload as she did not appear to have a serious mental illness. She went back to her GP today who prescribed risperdal. I'm really worried she's been given the wrong medication. Any thoughts? Loiloi xx
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have a friend that takes risperdal also.  But he is bipolar. He takes it in injection form twice a month.. Sorry, I wish I could help you more.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
309783 tn?1271961829
Does anyone know why a general doctor would prescribe Risperdal for OCD when a psychiatrist has said my friend is just anxious (controlled by citalpram) and does not appear to be suffering from a serious mental illness ? loiloi x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
day 4 - Concerta ER
1 hr ago by Amber98
Blank
Houdini_girl joined this community
Welcome them!