Depression Community
wellbutrin didnt work for me but what should i switch to?

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I have been taking wellbutrin for a year and noticed throughout the time I was tasking the medication, I have become quite aggressive, irritable, more fatiguedd than I was before, and more dizzy than before I went on it. I was dizzy and tired before going on wellbutrin as symptoms of depression. I notice it helped with my mood at first but now I am back to crying, feeling sad, hopless, guilty, etc. I would like to switch to a different antidepressant but I'm not sure what. I'm concerned with weight gain (I didn't gain a single pound while on wellbutrin which was one of the few things I liked about wellbutrin) and I want something that will give me energy and not make me extremely dizzy. I also would like to avoid sexual side effects but I know that's not likely as wellbutrin is one or the only that doesn't effect sex drive. Any thoughts or suggestions you have would be much appreciated!
Looks like your depression is causing lethargy and you want a boost in mood and energy. If Wellbutrin is not doing the trick I suggest a SNRI like Cymbalta or maybe Effexor. Those can also be combined with Wellbutrin to maximize the energy boost. Also if you haven't tried Wellbutrin 300mg maybe this only could gives you energy. Anyway those are all things you can check out with your doctor.

Don't do change in your medications, dosages or schedule without consulting a qualified physician. Note than everyone can react differently to drugs. One size doesn't fit all.

M4
i am on wellbutrine and have all the same side effect you speak of here... I was wondering if you started with cybalta or effexor as well as the wellbutrine?

I am just not me on the wellbutrin... i feel more depressed and sad... and angry alot...im looking for the energy burst and the happiness to come back... can you let me know how things worked out for you?
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
RubyWitch Life is short......ride you... Comment
KTowne commented on renae176's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time