2yr old son has red rash all around his dry lips
My son who is 2.5yrs old has had 'eczema' all around his mouth for the last year and a half.  He has eczema patches all over his body which we treat with medication, but around his lips seems different than the other rashes.  This rash is dry with skin peeling from it all of the time.  It is bright red and looks like a koolaid stain until closer inspection.  I don't know what to do about it because it constantly bothers him.  He still takes a pacifier, but we limit it tio night time use.  Is this instead an allergy?  Or just eczema he will outgrow?  Thank you!  We are desperate for answers!
From the symptoms the rash around the lips sounds like eczema or atopic dermatitis. Cheilitis(Inflammation of the skin on and around the lips)is often seen in atopic dermatitis. Diagnosed by blood test like RAST. Treatment is by topical steroids or oral therapy of corticosteroids in severe cases. Topical creams like tacrolimus ointment (Protopic) and pimecrolimus cream (Elidel) are also useful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.