Dermatology Expert Forum
Abnormal fingernail
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abnormal fingernail

I recently noticed on my left thumb an indentation (significant) and didn't think much of it, later (3 weeks) I started to notice that my right thumb nail is starting to indent.  I looked on the internet and I found an identical picture and they labelled it "spooning"....what do you think is causing this?  I have been having a lot of GI nausea/stomach pain and heartburn (been taking prilosec otc for the past 7 days with improvement), also I have mildly elevated LFT's and there maybe a possibility of having autoimmune hepatitis (other test are being done).  Also I had a iron studies done and they found (slightly low TIBC and transferin, but normal iron and ferritin).  Any info would be appreciated.....thanks