Acid burn

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Acid burn

I did a stupid thing - I read on the internet that genital warts can be recognized with acetic acid solution, but I rubbed about 50% acetic acid on my penis, and washed with water after. It happend 2 weeks ago, I had these wounds that healed, but i notice that the pigmentation of my penis is different. What can I do about it?
Help me, please
You have not mentioned whether it is post inflammatory hyper or hypopigmentation after using the acetic acid. The treatment for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion. Post inflammatory hypopigmentation is very difficult to treat but sometimes it goes away on its own after exposure to the sun. Creams like  Elidel cream or Protropic can be used on these hypopigmented  areas but a dermatologist should always be consulted before using any of these. If the symptoms still persist then  you can talk to your dermatologist about laser-assisted chemabrasion(LACA).
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have hyperpigmentation, my skin is darker in some spots, and thin. My doctor told me to avoid sex for a while, and yesterday after two weeks of sexual abstinence I gently masturbated, and my skin became red and irritated a little after, and I have a bit of burning sensation, so I'm not sure how much time I should wait for the skin to be less sensitive and feel like before. I'll see my doctor tomorrow morning.
Thank you, I'll keep you posted.