Angular chelitis won't go away
Hi, I have cuts on both sides of my mouth in the corners. I've had them for 3 months or more and they won't seem to go away. I've tried cortate cream, antibacterial cream, antifungal cream and a few others and they won't seem to go away. What would be causing these cuts? They're really painful, especially when I open my mouth. I am on quite a bit of medication. Do certain medications cause this?
For angular cheilitis, gently and thoroughly wash the lesions with a non-toxic liquid dish soap, then rinse well with warm water and dab with clean tissue. The affected area should then be allowed to completely dry for 10–20 minutes. When dry, apply petroleum jelly.But if there is any increased irritation,then pls leave this remedy.

You can also apply tea tree oil or aloe vera gel.If the symptoms persist then oral Nystatin may be needed.
I sincerely hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Angular Cheilitis is such a terrible thing to deal with. I went to my doctor & she gave me Econazole Nitrate Cream (for a fungal infection.) It seems doctors will just treat you with the first best option they can prescribe, because after 5 days of using this, it was not working, & the other side of my mouth was getting worse too. My mouth looked HORRIBLE. The cream didn't do anything. My mouth was getting wrose. I did NOT want to be seen in public. Let me tell you something, though. Keep up with getting blood work done. I knew I was low on vitamins (I'm anemic)... but I didn't realise how bad it was. So, before running to the doctor for cream, go to your local convenient store & buy the vitamin B-100 Energy. This contains B1, B2, B6, B12 (the deficiency that causes Angular Cheilitis,) & a few others. Read the label. I'm not kidding, after 6 hours of taking this vitamin, there has been a HUGE difference. By day 2, the large wounds are pretty closed up, but I am still treating this with a Triple Antibiotic ointment & the cream from the doctor, along with the vitamin B-100. Do not take any other vitamin with this- there's always a risk for overdosing. Be careful. If need be, talk to your doctor first to make sure you are not allergic to anything in the vitamin. I wish I could post pictures that I took... but trust me, eat better or take vitamins if you can't eat what you're supposed to.