Aa
A
A
Close
Are my seborrheic dermatitis shampoos causing irritation?
I have been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis.  I have tried Selsun Blue, Head and Shoulders, Ciclopirox, and Nizoral Shampoos all in an attempt to get this under control.  Right now I am only using Nizoral (I apply and leave it on my scalp for 5-6 minutes) and a conditioner (which I usually apply and try to keep it away from my scalp completely).  While I do have some "itchy" scales that are a characteristic of seborrheic dermatitis, the most annoying thing about my scalp problems is the general irritating, "burning" sensation that I experience about an hour or two after I wash my hair.  The problem is that I can't tell if my seborrheic dermatitis or my shampoo/conditioner itself is causing the irritation.  I have switched conditioners and shampoos, and it does little to mollify my discomfort (some shampoos seem to make it worse).  It seems like my scalp is just irritated; it's not really itchy.  However, if I don't use the right shampoos, I do notice an increase in itchy scaling.  Also, when I go out in the sun my discomfort practically vanishes, and it seems like my discomfort also disappears when I lie down on a pillow or rub my head against a towel and hold it there.

Can anyone please help me with this?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sometimes it is best to stop applying ketoconazole and just to go and use a baby shampoo till irritation subsides.Do consult your doc. ok?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources