Ashy Dermatosis(EDP)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ashy Dermatosis(EDP)

hi, I developed a small ash colored spot on my left arm during the pregnancy and it slowly spread and now my entire arms have become grey in color and now it's spreading on my neck and face. I checked with several doctors but none advised any biopsy but concluded it's ashy dermatosis(also called EDP). I was told that it's a auto immune disease and there is no cure for it. It's slowly spreading to my face and i'm getting darker and darker day by day along with this skin hyper pigmentation spreading throughout my body. Does anyone have this problem and are there any treatments available for this disease?
I have a similar case. I am 23 years old light brown girl from Egypt and I developed similar symptoms since 2008. I started getting large brown patces in my back, then my thigh, pelvis & neck..They seem flat non-itchy & painless. I visited dermatologists which performed a biopsy and diagnosed it as ashy dermatosis..I tried some creams but no improvement. The medications prescribed by the doctors is also not showing any change..
On average a new patch appears every 3-6 months..
If you found a good treatment, kindly reply back. I'll also do the same for all related forums if found a cure..
Wishing us a speedy recovery.
I have been diagnosed with ashy dermatosis. It started out a few spots on my neck. It is now all over my neck area, and around my mouth. I was just wondering if you had ever found a cure. I've been told there was nothing that could be done.
I have also been diagnosed with EDP (ashy dermatosis).  It started on my back approx. 4 years ago, and now has spread to my entire body, with the exception of my face.  My neck it covered in it entirety.  I have been on several medications (pills) and numerous creams -- unfortunately, with no success, just bad side effects.  I am now undergoing photo therapy, which consists of me being placed in a light box 3 times per week, and it seems to be doing the job.  January will make a year since I began this treatment and with God's help, I have not had any additional outbreaks & the present spots are getting lighter.
Dear Riham i am suffering from the same disease have you found any cure for this disease yet?
I am 23 and I have it as well. My neck is the worst and it spread to my face and randomly over my body. Started two years ago. I noticed a change in its appearance when I changed my diet for fitness reasons, especially when I cut out processed sugar. It become somewhat lighter in areas on my face and my neck improved a little. After seeing a 3rd dermatologist, he put me on dapsone and meticorten. I've been on it for a month and my face and body have improved drastically.  My neck is stubborn with a minor improvement. On it for another two months and hoping for the best. I've noticed that stress triggers the colour as well as lack of sleep. My research on it says that treatments are diff for every individual.  What works for me may not work for u and none have been proven to get rid of it outright. In some cases in disappears by itself. Dapsone seems to give the most positive results but because this condition is so rare they are having trouble isolating the cause and a successful treatment. My faith and prayer that it will disappear have been the most successful treatment. Just gotta hope for the best :)
I am 20 years old. I am from India. I also have the same problem since 2013. My doctor suggested me biopsy.
And the result was EDP. He gave me some creams and ointments and sunscreen. That treatment helped me so much, but that was my fortune that doctor has shifted foreign. Now my spots are not that dark as in starting stage. But my skin is now turned dark.
I am  a brown skinned african american female that has been dealing with this condition for over 13 years. It is now at at it's worst. How is yours coming along? Better I  hope:)
I am also an african american female who has this condition. I have had it since I was 16 and am now 31. Mine is also getting to be at it's worst. I am hoping someone is having some improvement with something. I have been on dapsone for 2 months at a low dosage and it's still spreading