Dermatology Community
Bad rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bad rash

I have a rash that is now all over my body. It started out looking like a heat rash on a small area of my arm, and soon it spread all over my arms.  It is inflammed, bumpy, scaly and itchy. I went in and got a steroid shot which did nothing. I then went to my dermatologist and she gave me a steroid cream and announced it an allergy rash. Then the rash started to spread all over my torso and legs.  first I feel an itch, I scratch and then the area where I scratch becomes inflammed and the rash is all over that area. I am now on oral prednizone and it doesnt seem to be helping. I had a skin biopsy done and the results come tomorrow. what could this be. it is a blotchy, red, bumpy rash
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms the possibility of hives or urticaria needs to be ruled out. The most likely triggers for acute urticaria are allergies to pets, horses, latex and foods, such as shellfish and nuts,bee or wasp stings, allergies to medicines, Viral infections, such as glandular fever and herpes, dental and sinus infections, fungal infections, blood transfusions and vaccines.

Take some antihistaminics like Benadryl and apply the steroid cream. You can also apply calamine lotion as it helps in soothing the skin. The diagnosis should become more clear after the biopsy results. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...