Dermatology Expert Forum
Belly Button Rash, pain, and When Pushed Causes Pain in Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have seen several questions concerning rashes in the "innie" belly button.  I have a stubborn rash that has been resistant to anti fungus creams and also not helped by hydrocortisone cream.  The really odd characteristic is that if I push on the side of the belly button where the rash exists, I get pain in the inside of my penis.  It does not hurt through the abdomin (abdomen).  Just very much in the inside of the penis.  My GP could not provide a guess as to the reason.  Does anyone have a suggestion for clearing up the rash?  Any idea why the pain might be tied to the belly button.  I can push on the opposite side of the belly button from where the rash is and there is no pain felt in abdomin (abdomen) or penis.

I appreciate any ideas and suggested treatments.
The rash may be related to irritation.  If it's bothersome, your doctor should be able to prescribe a topical cortisone in a liquid formulation, so you can drip it in.

As for the penis pain when you squeeze the navel, I haven't a clue.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
About 2 months ago I got this belly button rash, I tried Hydrocortisone ointment. No use It wasn't until I put antibiotic cream did it start to impove. It took  2 months of hell and fear. It is finaly going away.
About a year ago I developed this red bumpy rash in and around my belly button. I went to my Dermatologist and she gave me cream to put on it. It went away but came back a few months later. Then it went away again on its own. Now I have to again. It starts out small now it is started to spread on my stomach. It is extremely itchy and I don't understand why it keeps coming and going. I don't know what to do about this but it even is a little painfull. I kind of looks like hives or little pimples. Any help on this please.
I've had the same problem, except no rash.  There is, however, what appears to be very very small amounts of black necratized tissue in my inner belly button.  Any further insight?
ok I found out what mine rash was caused by  this has never happen before Im 43yrs old female Its the button on my new pair jeans itis the nickel or some metal in the jeans button. Alot of people might be troubled by this and don't know it, worth looking into