Dermatology Expert Forum
Blackheads on Penis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blackheads on Penis

I'm a 40 year old male. Recently I have noticed blackheads on my penis.  All located on the shaft of the penis.  I showed them to my uroligist who told me it was common and began to remove them by squeezing them ( ouch).  Since that time they have come back.  I have a couple of questions:

1.  How do I prevent blackheads from appearing on my penis? I use proper hygiene, hot baths, use non-allergenic soap, etc.  Additionally, my doctor prescribed Pramosone for itching in the genital area (can this medication cause blackheads?)

2.  Why do they appear on the penis?

3.  How do I remove them?  I hope there is another way short of squeezing them?  My doctor said if you don't remove the blackheads they can turn into a very large blackhead!

4.  Can they cause pain in and around the penis?  I suffer from flare ups of Prostatitis so I don't know if its related to the Blackheads or not?  I do at time feel a itchy sometimes slight pain on the penis, my doctor thinks it related to the Prostatitis.

5.  Are there any long term concerns of getting blackheads on your penis?

Thank You