I'm a 40 year old male. Recently I have noticed blackheads on my penis. All located on the shaft of the penis. I showed them to my uroligist who told me it was common and began to remove them by squeezing them ( ouch). Since that time they have come back. I have a couple of questions:
1. How do I prevent blackheads from appearing on my penis? I use proper hygiene, hot baths, use non-allergenic soap, etc. Additionally, my doctor prescribed Pramosone for itching in the genital area (can this medication cause blackheads?)
2. Why do they appear on the penis?
3. How do I remove them? I hope there is another way short of squeezing them? My doctor said if you don't remove the blackheads they can turn into a very large blackhead!
4. Can they cause pain in and around the penis? I suffer from flare ups of Prostatitis so I don't know if its related to the Blackheads or not? I do at time feel a itchy sometimes slight pain on the penis, my doctor thinks it related to the Prostatitis.
5. Are there any long term concerns of getting blackheads on your penis?
Blackheads are cysts, whose white contents turn black when exposed to the air. They are not dirt. If you squeeze them out, they reappear. They do not cause pain. They are normal and can't be prevented.
Copyright 1994-2016MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.