Bladder Infection or a Yeast Infection?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bladder Infection or a Yeast Infection?

8787748?1359348920
Hello, my name is Chris & I'm a healthy 29yr. old male dealing with what I believe is a Bladder Infection. So this all started off like four months ago. I was peeing a lot, burning when I peed, no discharge, lower back pain, lower abdomen pain & also a itch inside the penis. My family doctor did a urine sample on me & he said the sample came back with a bit of an infection, so he gave me a antibiotic but I can't remember the name, & said to take it for five days. Well, I did that & it was still lingering around, went back & this time he gave me Cipro & said to take it 2X's a day for 14 days. Well I did that & went back for a third visit, same thing, did another urine sample & said their seemed to be a little stubborn infection still their & game me four pills of Zithromax & that worked for like five days then it came back. My doctor was worried about Kidney & Bladder stones, so he sent me to a referral to get a CT Scan, also checked me below for anything else. Well a few weeks ago, I went to get my CT Scan on my kidneys & bladder, i came back clear but said I had a mild case of Diverticulitis (WOW). Well I went to to the Urologist Wed, he checked my testicles & penis, also did another urine sample & said the culture did not grow anything. I told him I had been drinking water & taking cranberry extract pills as well. The Urologist said he said it is probably just a stubborn case of Bladder issues that will probably have to heal over time, but I'm getting sick & tired of this issue & want my regular life back, if anybody has any answers, please send me a message or leave comments here. I need help. I have been told it is Candida which can cause itching in the penis. I need help please. I have been tested for everything under the sun...
One possibility to be ruled out in your case is of interstitial cystitis. It is a chronic condition characterized by a combination of uncomfortable bladder pressure, bladder pain and sometimes pain in your pelvis. Generally found in women but can be found in men also. The general treatment of interstitial cystitis is medications like opioids and tricyclic antidepressants but there are other treatment methods also. These include Bladder hydrodistention, bladder training, medications via bladder instillation like dimethyl sulfoxide (DMS), heparin and Clorpactin and surgery is kept as the last resort.

Avoidance of certain diets like cheese, alcohol, citrus juices, chocolates, coffee, cranberry juice, processed meats, onions, soy products, tea, tofu, tomatoes and yoghurt often help in improving the symptoms.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks man I will look into this, I would rather take an alternative approach to this. As well, can this cystitis thing cause mouth ulcers in the mouth as well from the stress??