Blisters on hands and in mouth

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blisters on hands and in mouth

3466488?1222706418
i regularly get blister like spots on my hands and in my mouth, i have been getting these on and off for around 5 years. The blisters in my mouth make it difficult to eat and i lose weight as soon as it arrives. i take prednislone tablets which generaly seem to clear up the blisters. I am then left with scars on my hands and the skin takes time to heal. they are white under the skin with a red ring around the edge. they itch and can burn at time. i've been referred to so many different people but no-one seems to know what they are. i had excema as a child but this is not what it is now. does anyone know what this is?

There are several causes of blisters.

'Blisters are usually caused by injury to the skin from heat or from friction, which create a tear between the epidermis—the upper layer of the skin—and the layers beneath.

Short periods of intense rubbing can cause a blister, but any rubbing of the skin at all can cause a blister if it is continued for long enough. Blisters form more easily on moist skin than on dry or soaked skin, and are more common in warm conditions.

Sometimes, the skin can blister when it comes into contact with a cosmetic, detergent, solvent or other chemical; this is known as contact dermatitis. Blisters can also develop as a result of an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting.

There are also a number of medical conditions that cause blisters. The most common are chickenpox, herpes, impetigo, and a form of eczema called dyshidrosis. '

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

It would be best to consult a doctor if it does not resolve on its own in a few days.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.