Blotches on eyelid

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blotches on eyelid

I have 2 blotches one on either eyelid and would like to know the cause an remedy, these appeared rather recently and not sure what caused it! Look forward to your response.
You have not described whether the blotches are red or skin colored, itchy, dry or discharging. Please elaborate more on the symptoms and description of rash so that a list of differentials can be made.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
The white blotches are off colour, lighter than skin colour. There is no itching except they are very visual to the eye. this is one either eye close to the nose bridge thanks!!
Without examination confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it sounds like xanthalesma. Xanthalesma / Xanthomas are deposits of fat/cholesterol in the eye lid. Possible causes are raised cholesterol, hyperlipidaemia states, diabetes mellitus and obesity.

They cause no harm, but can increase in size producing cosmetic blemish. The only treatment is removal by surgery with/without skin grafting (depending on the size of the lesion) or use of laser (CO2 Laser). It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i have blotches on my right eyelid, its slightly darker then my skin,  my color is fair, there is no pain no itching no irritation but it is increasing in size very very slowly, it is there on my eyelid more than 5years, please suggest.
its slightly darker then my skin,  my color is fair, there is no pain no itching no irritation but it is increasing in size slowly slowly it is on my eyelid more than 5years, please suggest.