Blotchy rash on neck
I have a slightly red rash that's blotchy but not too noticeable that comes and goes that's located under my ears on the sides of both my neck. It seems as i have the same thing on the back of my neck on my traps. What I noticed is after I constantly use head and shoulders shampoo for a few times it goes away; when I stop using it, it comes back. Any idea what this is?
Anyone?
This kind of blotchy rash can be due to hives in response to an allergic reaction. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.
You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Unfortunately I don't have health insurance to do so, although as a child I went to the doctor for something regarding that and they gave me some type of shampoo to use and keep on for 5 minutes then wash and it would go away immediately.