Dermatology Community
Brown Dot on skin
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Brown Dot on skin

I have a brown dot on the skin of my big toe, i just noticed it today. I do play basketball often, could that cause it? It isnt big at all, about half a centemeter.
Tags: dots, brown, brown dots, Skin, on skin, Basketball
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1422814_tn?1333573302
It could be a couple of diff't conditions.  It could be a blood blister just below the surface of the skin.  Or if it's on the bottom of the toe, it could be the introduction of a plantar wart.  There's a few good websites that can go into further description with pics of a plantar wart. If it turns out to be that, treat it sooner than later - it can spread and be painful.    
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It could be a freckle, mole or solar lentigene. Sun spots or lentigines, are harmless, flat, brown discolorations of the skin which usually occur on the back of the hands, neck and face of people and are caused by the skin being exposed to the sun. The only way to prevent age spots is to use liberal amounts of sunscreen before the age of forty, avoid the sun, and wear protective clothing. The newest treatment for age spots is an alpha hydroxy acid gel or beta hydroxy acid gel.  Retin-A cream, alpha hydroxyacid peels, and liquid nitrogen therapy are other options.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank