Dermatology Expert Forum
Brown Spots on Groin Area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Brown Spots on Groin Area

I am a 26-year-old male in great health, however something bothers me.  I have for sometime had two brownish-in-color spots on my inner thigh (right side).  One has been there longer than the other, an is about 1" x 2" in size while the other which I have had for about a year seems to be about the size of a quarter.  Both have given absolutely no pain and asside from the brownish look, I would say that I wouldn't have even noticed them.  I am not sexually active nor have I ever been. However, my job and hobby (weightligting) require a great amount of heat and sweating.  

The larger of the two spots sees to be fading with age, however is is still large and an eye-sore.

_Please Help

-Rhino
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Doesn't sound serious, but I'm not sure what these spots are.  They might be a fungus called tinea versicolor (non-contagious.)  I suggest you get some over-the-counter clotrimazole cream 1% and apply it twice a day for two weeks.  At the same time arrange to see a doctor if the spots don't go away.  Better to find out than to worry.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
I appreciate the information. I went to my physcian with a similar problem (single pigmentation problem, even coloration, non-uniform shape). He referred me to a dermotologist without treatment, but (I trust my doctor) he probably had no idea it would take over a month to get an appointment. I will try the cream mentioned in the response and keep my appointment. Thanks.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank