Dermatology Expert Forum
Brown Spots on Groin Area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Brown Spots on Groin Area

I am a 26-year-old male in great health, however something bothers me.  I have for sometime had two brownish-in-color spots on my inner thigh (right side).  One has been there longer than the other, an is about 1" x 2" in size while the other which I have had for about a year seems to be about the size of a quarter.  Both have given absolutely no pain and asside from the brownish look, I would say that I wouldn't have even noticed them.  I am not sexually active nor have I ever been. However, my job and hobby (weightligting) require a great amount of heat and sweating.  

The larger of the two spots sees to be fading with age, however is is still large and an eye-sore.

_Please Help

-Rhino
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Doesn't sound serious, but I'm not sure what these spots are.  They might be a fungus called tinea versicolor (non-contagious.)  I suggest you get some over-the-counter clotrimazole cream 1% and apply it twice a day for two weeks.  At the same time arrange to see a doctor if the spots don't go away.  Better to find out than to worry.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
I appreciate the information. I went to my physcian with a similar problem (single pigmentation problem, even coloration, non-uniform shape). He referred me to a dermotologist without treatment, but (I trust my doctor) he probably had no idea it would take over a month to get an appointment. I will try the cream mentioned in the response and keep my appointment. Thanks.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker