Brown Spots on the bottom of heels

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Brown Spots on the bottom of heels

Recently I've noticed brown spots on the bottom of my heels. They are slightly raised, and I thought that they may be dead skin but they dont exactally seem it. Has anyone else had experience with this? any suggestions? Thanks.

This discussion is related to Brown spot on sole of foot -- acral lentiginous melanoma?.
It can be due to lichen planus, hyperkeratosis or callus. Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules(flat spots) or rashes. It is an itchy papular eruption characterized by its violaceous color.
Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids, retinoids, hydroquinone and phototherapy.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.