Bump on tongue - wart??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bump on tongue - wart??

I have had a small bump on the tip of my tongue for about 1 1/2 years.  It has not changed size or shape, and there is definitely only one bump.  I am worried it is a wart and have started using garlic to essentially "burn" it off.  

Neither my partner nor myself have genital warts or other oral bumps...so I'm wondering where this thing came from, and if it could be contagious.  It makes me wonder because there is only one bump, and I haven't spread it to my partner, and it hasn't spread for me either.  

I have a small baby as well...don't want to infect them with anything either.  Don't have time to go to the doctor for check-up.  I'm wondering if since I'm irritating it that if it is a wart will it become more infectious?

I guess I'm just freaking out in general, I find warts disgusting, and this one I can't put a band-aid on after treatment.  It just has to stay open. That worries me.
Well I got fed up.  Last night the top layer of the bump peeled off, I got p*ssed off this morning, cut off the rest of the bump until it bled, then cauterized the area myself.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

How are you? At this point, it is best that you avoid secondary infection.  RInse with antibacterial gargle and avoid further manipulation. There are many things that can cause tongue bumps to form, including: trauma, smoking, canker sores, enlarged papillae, cancer and certain medical conditions including diabetes and anemia.

If it comes back or if other symptoms occur, it would be best to have this evaluated further for proper diagnosis and management. It is important to determine the underlying cause and to rule out other causes.

Take care and regards.
Any word on the wart on the tip of your tongue? I have one too, similar to your story, so im just curious to what the hell it is from.
Hi did anyone get to the bottom of this? I have seen several Doctors regaring mine which is on the left underside of my tongue, and they have said this is a normal part of anatomy and is part of aging. I am just wondering what others were told and if theres has now gone?

Lisa