Burn Scar
Hi, I am really really concerned about a burn scar which I have on my left hand. I burned my hand with hot wax in a little area about a size of a quarter about 6 months ago. Now I have a white scar on that area. I've been to a dermatologist and they prescribed me Dovonex and Vectical ointment. I've been using Dovonex and now I'm using Vectical. The dermatologist told me I should keep putting the ointment on before I think of doing something else. But I really need this scar to go away because my engagement is coming up. PLEASE help me if you can. Is there anything else I can do about this?? Will laser help me to get the pigmentation back?? PLEASE help me out. I'm really concerned and worried about this. I'll appreciate any help. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion is related to Repigmentation.
From your description, it looks like a first or second degree burn. Most superficial burns heal within about two weeks and don't usually leave a scar. One medicine which has been advised by many dermatologists for scar diminishing is contractubex gel/cream. You can seek your dermatologist/surgeon’s opinion before using this cream. Otherwise you can go in for glycolic peals, laser treatments and pressure dressings. Severe scarrings may need skin grafting by a plastic surgeon.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks Dr. Kaur!! Um is the creme I'm given, called Vectinal, okay for this kind of scar?? As I mentioned before, the area is repigmented. And I need to get pigmentation back in there. So do you think a laser treatment would be good for this?? Because my dermatologist told me it might not be helpful enough. So I'm a bit concerned. Should I visit a plastic surgeon instead of a dermatologist??
Oh, I can send you picture of the scar if you provide me with an email address or something like that. Because I don't see a picture attachment option here.