Burn like symptoms on cheeks

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Burn like symptoms on cheeks

My husband is west indian, has had sensitive skin all his life, suffering with severe Eczema as a child. It has cleared up as he has got older however recently his face seems to have reacted with something?
He noticed hs skin on his face, mainly his cheeks, was raised, slightly red and bumpy, like a rash. He has had alergies (allergies) to dairy before but his skin has never reacted in this way.
It feels like it has been burnt, it stings when he puts anythng on it, even just a cold water flanel. The pigmentation on his cheeks has slightly lightened since noticing this rash. It has become quite 'tight' now and very uncomfortable.
He would go to see his dermatologist in London however we are going away in 2 weeks and it takes about a month to book with them. Have you got any advice for him or have any idea what could have caused it to help him?
Thank you so much

Regards
Sam

This discussion is related to Burning Red Face.
From the symptoms one possibility that needs to be ruled out is rosacea. It is a chronic condition characterized by redness esp on the cheeks and nose. Pimples are sometimes included as part of the definition. Diagnosis can be confirmed by examination and biopsy.

My sincere advice is to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and start with the treatment. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.