Dermatology Community
CORNER OF LIPS DARKER AND ITS HORRIBLE FOR ME
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CORNER OF LIPS DARKER AND ITS HORRIBLE FOR ME

I have side of my lips darker than the rest of my face. I have been having for a long time now. It makes my face look wider and weird. i have tried bleaching with hydroquinone but it bleached the skin around it and not the affected area. Its the same as my lip color but its not part of the lips, almost i would say the same kind of skin but not really. It connects to my lips but not part of it. This hyperpigmentation i want to get rid off i dont know how. I wish i could send you  a picture of it. I am a teenager (18) Latino skin type color. (NOT BLACK OR WHITE) I have been having this problem for years now.
Hi there,
Dark spots around the corner of mouth can be due to hyper pigmentation. The causes of hyper pigmentation are hormonal birth control such as the pill or progesterone injections, allergic (phototoxic) reactions to scented toiletries, sun exposure, and pregnancy. Drugs like hydroquinone and tretinoin are very effective remedies for fading these spots. Always use a sunscreen when outside as they make the skin very sensitive. Laser treatment is another option in severe resistant cases. Consult a dermatologist.
Best of luck and take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank