Can i use fluconazole ointment to fight itchy scalp..?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

...Driven to frustration and madness by itchy scalp ( used shampoos like nizoral, polytar,selsum blue) , i'm still looking for a way out to this problem..While trying to get rid of flaky dandruffs that have plauged my scalp, i want to control itchiness. Could i apply  fluconazole ointment on the scalp??? just to get rid of this itching..if not dandruff???? plz help....
Since you’ve got the complaint of itchy scalp, you may be suffering from Tinea Capitis or Ringworm (fungal infection) of the scalp. Ringworm is a fungal skin infection that occurs on the face, body or scalp. The symptoms of Ringworm or Tinea Capitis include a dry itchy scalp, scaling, crusting, inflamed nodules, hair loss and tender enlarged lymph nodes on the neck.  

Please consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.