Can liposuction of the stomache and back thigh area trigger urtacaria a...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Can liposuction of the stomache and back thigh area trigger urtacaria and dermagraphic urticaria in a healthy 45 year old woman with no prior symptons?

Is it possible that I could have developed dermatographic urticaria and urtacaria pigmentosa after a cosmetic liposuction procedure?  I was a healthy 42 year old woman before i had liposuction to my stamace and back thigh areas. 5 months after that procedure I have suffered with dermagrahic urticaria. Could the surgery have interfered with my connective tissues in some way and caused this disease?

This discussion is related to Urticaria Pigmentosa.
Urticaria pigmentosa is usually found in infants but it may affect adults also and produces lesions and intense itching. If you rub the lesions, hives may develop. Certain factors can trigger the release of histamine and the other chemicals from mast cells and this includes drugs (especially aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, codeine and morphine, and some anaesthetics), alcohol, emotional stress, physical stimuli (heat, exercise and friction), bacterial toxins and insect venom. Liposuction is a physical stimulus and can trigger histamine release.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.