Can you suddenly develop an allergic reaction to alcohol?

For the past few months, every time I drink, I get very itchy and I end up with eczema on my back, thigh, the right side of my stomach, and under my armpit on the side.

I have always had sensitive skin and a belt buckle rash that comes and goes...same with the eczema on my thigh.  That has been diagnosed in the past as eczema and I've usually just been given elocon until it goes away.

Now, however, out of nowhere, drinking suddenly makes it much worse.  Is there a certain type of alcohol that would be less likely to cause this?  And is it possible that I developed a sudden allergic reaction to alcohol?  

I drink a few times per week.  I have been using the elocon a lot more lately.  Haven't switched detergents, soaps, etc.  ONLY real change recently has been that I moved to a new apartment...but I don't think doing the laundry in the complex's washing machines is causing it?  Would that even be possible?
Oh yeah, another thing is that when I'm showering, I now seem a lot more sensitive to warm water than in the past.  Showering is actually one of the itchiest times per day for me to the point that I now use much cooler water than in the past.
It is usually not the alcohol that produces the allergic reaction to the wine or beer. The other ingredients in the alcohol, such as yeast, sulfur dioxide, and additives are often the culprits. They can cause hives,itching and swelling.

Please consult an allergy specialist and get skin ***** tests and blood tests for allergy done. If the skin testing is negative, it is likely that you are intolerant to wine and beer. If the skin testing is positive, you should avoid food and drink that contain that specific ingredient.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.