Dermatology Community
Capillaritis - What can I do to help me to make the red & gray mark...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Capillaritis - What can I do to help me to make the red & gray marks go away

I am 53 years old female diagnosed with capillaritis. The red cayenne-pepper brownish marks on my legs & upper thighs appeared July 5, 2009. I panicked when I first saw them. I thought of different causes: spider bites, laundry detergent, fruits I made for smoothies, all the vitamins (multi, C, omega, calcium & collagen) and prolonged standing at work. I tried process of elimination and still don't know what triggered this. My doctor prescribed steroid topical ointment. I use it when I see more red marks and when they itch. As much as possible I try not to put this ointment daily if I could help it. One person suggested to try Emu Oil. I have been applying emu oil for 2 weeks now and still I have the same marks. At least the spots have not increased and maintained its grayish bruise looking marks. I purchased some compression socks as some articles I read advised to do so, as for treatment. I would like to hear from anyone who experienced capillaritis and had treatments that worked. And how long before these marks would vanish. My legs, thighs & buttocks look so ugly having all the marks around. I can't wear shorts, swim suits nor summer dress. Just can't expose them. Do you know of any treatment other than steroid topical ointment?